June 21, 2014

BUDDY’S : A TASTE OF QUEZON PROVINCE



The first time I stepped into a branch of Buddy’s in Makati City, I was surprised with their festive mood. I felt like I was transported to a regional festival which heightened my appetite with the thought of delicious delicacies served during feasts.


Photo from Wikipedia.Org

Festive mood at Buddy's

Buddy’s originated in Quezon Province where a festival known as Lucban San Isidro Pahiyas Festival (one of the country’s biggest and colorful fiesta) is celebrated annually during May. Buddy’s ambiance replicates this festive vibe.


Buddy's dishes

One visit is not enough to taste the numerous dishes served at Buddy’s. They have a variety of pasta and noodles dishes as well as sizzling plates, breakfast meals, pizza & sandwiches for snacks, desserts and assorted drinks.


Palabok Special from Buddy's
 
Mom loves their Palabok Special. This rice noodle dish is served with a thick shrimp sauce, topped with cooked shrimps, crushed pork crackling (chicharon), diced fried tofu and sprinkled with spring onions. Did I taste a hint of smoked fish flakes known as Tinapa?


Pork Chop Steak at Buddy's

I am more than satisfied with their slab of Pork Chop Steak on a bed of steaming hot gravy. Served with rice and steamed vegetables like julienne cut carrots, Baguio beans and whole corn kernels.


Buddy's version of Dinuguan

I may be a food writer & blogger but I am very choosy when it comes to food. I am not an adventurous eater (the saying “you’ve got to try at least once” does not apply to me) but Dinuguan is one of my favorites and I wanted to test if Buddy’s actually serve their mission “value for money and great-tasting food.” Dinuguan, a chocolate-colored pork stew is not made of chocolates. The sauce is made from pig’s blood that has been slow cooked with lots of chillies. I usually get disappointed when I dine out and order Dinugan, most restaurants fill their dish with intestines or pork fat and I am not a fan of both. For my Dinuguan cravings, I always go to Tsoko.NutBatirol but Buddy’s Dinuguan comes in second – having a thick & flavorful sauce with ample pork meat and not too much fat.


Spaghetti with Mushroom & Bacon

For snacks, try their Spaghetti with Mushroom and Bacon. The pasta sauce is thick and oozing with flavor with an abundance of bacon slices and slivers of button mushroom.


Buddy's  Pizza Supreme with Longganisa Lucban & Kesong Puti

One of the reasons why I keep coming back here is their Buddy’s Pizza Supreme made of Longganisang Lucban and Kesong Puti. Lucban is known for one of the tastiest longganisa & kesong puti in the archipelago. Longganisa is seasoned ground pork with minced garlic encased in pork intestines.


Buddy's Sago at Gulaman

For drinks, Buddy’s Sago at Gulaman is my constant choice. Not too sweet with generous cubes of gulaman (gelatine) and sago (similar to tapioca pearls).


BUDDY’S
Check their WEBSITE for branches


Pie Rivera is a food columnist of Republic of 7107 Island Travel Magazine. For subscriptions to the magazine, you may email them at subscription@7107magazine.ph. 

Feel free to email me at eattoyourheartscontent@gmail.com - I love to hear from you.

For more deliriously delicious dining discoveries and updates, feel free to follow and connect via these social media sites :

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest
Twitter

All photos in this site were captured by Pie Rivera unless otherwise stated.

All rights reserved. Eat To Your Heart's Content.

Post a Comment