May 15, 2015

RECIPE : SCHUBIG SAUSAGE PASTA


Schubig Sausage Pasta

For frequent readers of this food blog, I am sure you know that I do not only love eating, but I LOVE TO COOK as well. When I started this food blog, one section has been included from the start – Kitchen Goddess. This section features my own kitchen adventures, though oftentimes my day job has hindered me to cook and test recipes.


For busy bees like you and me, here’s a quick pasta dish which you can whip up in just a few minutes, Schubig Sausage Pasta :

Schubig Sausage Pasta ingredients

Ingredients :
  
White Onions

Garlic

Sausage (I prefer Schubig sausages)

Black Pitted Olives (sliced)

Capers

Bell Pepper (diced)

Olive Oil

Salt & Pepper to taste

Parmesan Cheese

Spaghetti Noodles

 
Preparation Time : 5 minutes

Cooking Time : 15 minutes

*Preparation and cooking time may vary, depending on the volume


Procedure :

1)    Cook pasta according to package instructions.

2)    On another stove top, heat pan and pour Olive oil.

3)    Sauté white onions until transparent in color. Then add sliced garlic. Sauté onions & garlic for a few minutes, without burning. 
                
Sausages are added
4)    Then add diagonally sliced sausages, sauté until you see the edges of the sausages start to curl, but not burnt. Add half of the bell peppers for a more aromatic dish. Season with salt & pepper as desired.

Add in the other ingredients
5)    Once you see the edges of the sausages are curled, add the black olives and capers. Sauté for a minute or two.
 
Coat pasta with the sausage mixture
6)    Next, toss in the cooked pasta and coat each strand with olive oil from the sautéed sausages.

7)    Top with grated Parmesan cheese and serve while hot. Eat To Your Heart's Content!!! :)
   
Schubig Sausage Pasta is ready to serve!
  
Tips :
Store bought Parmesan Cheese
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese is more flavorful than store-bought, grated cheese. Opt for other kinds of cheese, go crazy!


White onions are sweeter
I prefer using white onions in most of my dishes because they are sweeter and make my dish more flavorful. When I was doing my first cooking show, the chefs told me that it’s better to sauté onions first before sautéing garlic – the dish is sweeter and does not burn the garlic.


Schubig Sausages
I used Schubig sausages because they are more flavorful, with just the right amount of spices, which is perfect for this olive oil based pasta dish.

Spaghetti noodles
Cooking pasta as per package directions, whether to add salt, oil, etc but I turn-off the heat with about 2 to 3 minutes remaining then allow the pasta to cook in the boiled water. This way, the pasta is not soggy.


This Olive Oil pasta dish is an alternative to your usual Tomato-based pasta dish especially during summer, when cooked tomatoes are prone to spoilage.
 

This humble Philippine food blog, Eat To Your Heart’s Content turned 4 years-old last January 2015! I may not have published numerous food articles over the last four years, but I am thankful for everyone who took time in checking this food blog, commenting, connecting and for allowing me to share with you all my food adventures around the Philippines. I hope you continue to join me as I search for more deliriously delicious dining destinations and food discoveries. Thank you all!!!


Pie Rivera is a food columnist of Republic of 7107 Island Travel Magazine. For subscriptions to the magazine, you may email them at subscription@7107magazine.ph. 


Feel free to email me at eattoyourheartscontent@gmail.com - I love to hear from you.


For more deliriously delicious dining discoveries and updates, follow and connect via these social media sites :

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest
Twitter

All photos in this site were captured by Pie Rivera unless otherwise stated.

All rights reserved. Eat To Your Heart's Content. 

Post a Comment