May 30, 2016

RECIPE ROUND UP : 50 PLUS TEMPTING THIRST-QUENCHER



CREATIVE BLENDS TO BEAT THE HEAT


The last couple of weeks have been extremely hot, almost unbearable. My weather app registers a 99°F as of this writing, which is about 38°C with a body heat index of 42°C according to the national weather station.


When I am at home, I could not help but take a shower for about four to five times a day and drink several liters of ice-cold water. I refrain myself from drinking carbonated drinks and instant iced tea. I opt to prepare healthier beverages for my family.


In my search to whip up some creative blends to beat the heat, I have requested some amazing food bloggers to share their delicious cold drinks in this RECIPE ROUND UP : 50 PLUS TEMPTING THIRST-QUENCHER. 

INFUSED WATER

Water can sometimes be a bore. I remember the first time I tasted water with fresh Pandan leaves almost a decade ago. It was life changing. Over the years, as I search for more ways to have fun with water, I would add fresh sliced lemon, fresh strawberries and slices of oranges. Check out these flavored-water drinks and never be bored with water again.

 

Go Eat And Repeat 
STRAWBERRY – KIWI DETOX WATER 

Priya Kitchenette
LEMON & MINT INFUSED WATER 

Sidewalk Shoes
PINEAPPLE MINT SPA WATER 

The Cook Spy Jamas
 

LEMONADE/ LIMEADE

Lemonade and Limeade, I am not accustomed to both but I like lemons to go with Iced Tea. Growing up, fresh lemons and limes were not easily available. As I recall, my parents would buy oranges, grapes and apples but not these two. My dad did not even bother to bring some when he went to NYC almost 40 years ago. When I had my first cooking show many moons ago, one of the culinary partners we had who graduated at the Le Cordon Bleu lined up dishes with the use of lemon and lime. That was also the time when I got to taste some refreshing lemonade and limeade. So if you have not tried any or wish to concoct delightful drinks with lemon and lime, here are 7 recipes to get you started. 



Easy Baby Meals

May I Have That Recipe

Create Mind Fully

Super Golden Bakes


 

Latin Meets Lagniappe
HOW TO MAKE LIMEADE 

Bavarian Epicure / Plated Cravings

Naive Cook Cooks

 
ICED TEA

I cannot deny the fact that Iced Tea is my go-to drink when in a hurry (though I really try to lessen using instant/powdered version.
Iced Tea is so easy to prepare and versatile too.
To test its versatility, here are some Iced Tea recipes using a variety of fresh fruits.
 

Tastes of Lizzy T

The Purple Ladle

Hezzi-D’s Books And Cooks

Whole Food Bellies

LeelaLicious


FRUIT JUICES

Snacking on fresh fruits is my favorite past time, since I am cutting back of my chips addiction (too much salt! Urrgghh).
I love freezing fresh mangoes or grapes - they are fun to devour.
These fruit juices are equally fun to make too. 

 
Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary

With A Blast

Blender Happy

Whitty Paleo


 COFFEE

Don’t talk to me unless I’ve had my cup of coffee in the morning.” Does that line sound familiar? I am not a coffee addict but I love a hot brew in the morning. But when one gigantic coffee chain invaded Manila, I would have a frappe or lattĆ© in the afternoon or evening. Daily cups have actually eaten my budget so I stopped. That does not mean I cannot enjoy a good coffee blend at home. If you prefer to create your own cold coffee drink too, here are two inspirations.  
  

The Chunky Chef

War And Cheese


LASSI/MILKSHAKE

Lassi and Milkshake - two distinct main ingredients but both too addicting to make with ice cream and yes – milk!
  

Goodie Godmother

Cooking On The Front Burners

Turnip The Oven

Garlic And Zest
 

SMOOTHIE

Apart from Lassi and Milkshake, smoothie tops my list. Well, milkshake tops the list when I was younger but when I started to be health conscious, a tall smoothie ranked the highest. This thick beverage with fresh fruits or vegetables has been invading the culinary health scene. Check out these 10 various smoothie concoction from using fresh produce like pomegranate, coconut, tangerine to using sweet potato and pumpkin.
 

Easy Cooking With Molly


 

The Wicked Noodle



Homemade Food Junkie



 Little Sugar Snaps



Chew Town



Emilie Eats

Caveman Diet Blog

Zag Left

That Girl Cooks Healthy

Dishing Delish
  
 LeelaLicious 
 

MOCKTAIL/COCKTAIL/MOJITO/PUNCH


My Food Story



Hapanom

 Food Done Light

Watch What U Eat

4 Son R Us

Girl Gone Gourmet

Two Sisters Kitchens

Tasting Page


STRAWBERRY

May is the foodie month of all strawberry lovers. If you are searching for some refreshing strawberry drinks as we celebrate the National Strawberry Month, you are in the right place. Here are 7 ways to enjoy strawberries from a smoothie, punch or even a mimosa.

 

Scrambled Chefs



Fa’s Kitchen

Happy Healthy Motivated

La Petit Chef

3 Yummy Tummies



I hope you will enjoy these refreshing recipes as much as I had fun collecting this
RECIPE ROUND UP : 50 PLUS TEMPTING THIRST-QUENCHER. Bookmark now!





Do you love strawberries? Enjoy more sumptuous strawberry creations with this RECIPE ROUND UP : STRAWBERRY LOVERS LANE here.




https://www.instagram.com/eattoyourheartscontent/

If you love deliriously delicious food as much as I do, then follow me at Instagram as I share my love for easy to cook dishes, sinful desserts, healthy eats and regional & international cuisines via @eattoyourheartscontent.



RECIPE ROUND UP : 50 PLUS TEMPTING THIRST-QUENCHER is another part of my Monday Madness here at Eat To Your Heart’s Content!


I hope you continue to join me as I search for more deliriously delicious dining destinations, food discoveries and easy to create recipes here at Eat To Your Heart’s Content. Until next post, as I always say, live well, laugh often and eat to your heart’s content!


Feel free to email me at eattoyourheartscontent@gmail.com - I love to hear from you.

For more deliriously delicious dining discoveries and updates, follow Eat To Your Heart’s Content and connect via these social media sites :

Pie Rivera is a former food columnist of Republic of 7107 Island Travel Magazine and a freelance food & travel writer for local magazines and online travel communities. She is a TV producer and creative director by day and wanderlust at heart.


Pie Rivera captured all photos in this site, unless otherwise stated.

All rights reserved. Eat To Your Heart's Content. 

4 comments

  1. this is going to be my summer guide! I looooove the infused waters and lemonades, but all the other ones tooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! That's quite hot! I love this round up of thirst quenching drinks, that mango jalapeƱo sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What an amazing round up!!! I certainly won't go thirsty now that I've bookmarked this lot ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what a fantastic collection. There are so many here I think I could have a different one for each hot day in the UK. Thanks for including my Cherry Coconut Smoothie too - a lovely surprise to spot it as I was drooling my way down the list.

    ReplyDelete