October 5, 2015

EASY RECIPE : SHRIMP AND BROCCOLI IN HOISIN SAUCE



Shrimp and Broccoli in Hoisin Sauce
October is one of my favorite months. For those who keep an eye on certain days and months of the year for food celebrations around the globe, (yes, we celebrate food days and food months year after year), October is a deliriously delicious month!

January is for Spaghetti and Cheese Lovers, February for Chocolate Fondue and Strawberries, March for Baked Scallops and Potato Chips, April for Grilled Cheese and Chocolate Mousse and so forth. October is my foodie month. Cookie, Seafood, Pasta and Pork are all celebrated in October.

Shrimp and Broccoli in Hoisin Sauce
Easy Recipe : Shrimp and Broccoli in Hoisin Sauce
So for fellow Seafood lovers, I am sharing with you one of my favorite dishes. I whip this up whenever I get to buy fresh shrimps (yes, frequent readers of this food blog are aware of my unwavering love for shrimps) and fresh broccoli.

Being healthy is always my priority. I want my family to eat nutritious meals and broccoli is often part of my meal plan. This easy recipe, Shrimp and Broccoli in Hoisin Sauce is one of the easiest and tastiest dishes that I can whip up even when I am swamped at work.

So allow me to share with you another quick to prepare dish that super healthy and full of flavors - Shrimp and Broccoli in Hoisin Sauce.

Shrimp and Broccoli in Hoisin Sauce
Main ingredients for Shrimp and Broccoli in Hoisin Sauce
INGREDIENTS

15 to 20 pcs. Medium-sized Black Prawns/Shrimp

1 Large Dark Green Broccoli, cut to desired size

1 Medium Bell Pepper, diced

1 Can Sliced Button Mushrooms (opt for fresh if available)

1 Medium White Onion, diced

5 Medium Cloves of Garlic, minced

4 to 5 T. Premium Hoisin Sauce

Olive Oil (for sautéing)

1 Cup Boiled Water

Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste

Chili Powder (optional)

Shrimp and Broccoli in Hoisin Sauce
PROCEDURE

1)    Remove skin of prawn/shrimp. Devein if you want. I keep the tails intact.

2)    Sauté onions. Once translucent, add garlic. Sauté for a few minutes then toss in the head of prawn/shrimp. Once golden in color, add the shrimp and cook for a few minutes. Without cooking the shrimp thoroughly, transfer the shrimp (bodies, retaining the head in the pan) to another container while you continue cooking.

3)    Add in sliced button mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and sauté.

4)    Add in broccoli and 2T to 3T hoisin sauce. Mix well until the broccoli is coated with the sauce. Add in ½ cup water then season with salt and pepper. Simmer for a few minutes. If you need to add more water and hoisin sauce, do so, according to your preference.

5)    When broccoli is almost cooked according to your desire (I prefer a little crunch while my mom wants soft broccoli – you get the idea), add in the shrimp you sautéed earlier. Sprinkle some chili powder for that added kick and continue to sauté for a few minutes.

Easy Recipe - Shrimp and Broccoli in Hoisin Sauce
Enjoy this delicious and healthy easy recipe, Shrimp and Broccoli in Hoisin Sauce. Serve while hot and enjoy with a bowl of piping white rice.



Do you love Prawns and Shrimps? Check out these delicious easy recipes – Prawn Salad here and Shrimp Pasta here.
 

CLEANING TIPS
Shrimp and Broccoli in Hoisin Sauce

Separate broccoli and pour cold water. Make sure to take out any unnecessary elements you see. I prefer dark green broccoli. Darker vegetables are healthier and fresher than when it’s about to turn lighter in hue.

COOKING TIPS
Shrimp and Broccoli in Hoisin Sauce
 
White onions are sweeter so I often use them for sautéing.

Do not overcook shrimps. Hence, I separate them when I am cooking broccoli. But you need to sauté first to give out that natural shrimp flavor.      

https://www.instagram.com/eattoyourheartscontent/

If you love deliriously delicious food as much as I do, then follow me at Instagram as I share my love for easy to cook dishes, sinful desserts, healthy eats and regional & international cuisines via @eattoyourheartscontent.


Eat To Your Heart's Content

This easy recipe has been part of my Monday Madness here at Eat To Your Heart’s Content.

Feel free to email me at eattoyourheartscontent@gmail.com - I love to hear from you.

For more deliriously delicious dining discoveries and updates, follow Eat To Your Heart’s Content and connect via these social media sites :

Pie Rivera is a former food columnist of Republic of 7107 Island Travel Magazine and a freelance food & travel writer for local magazines and online travel communities. She is a TV producer and creative director by day and wanderlust at heart.


Pie Rivera captured all photos in this site, unless otherwise stated.

All rights reserved. Eat To Your Heart's Content.

1 comment

  1. I love prawns.. but just hate the process of cleaning them. Lol. This looks good. Two of my fav things. Shrimps and Hoisin sauce

    ReplyDelete